I was unwilling to drop any money into the coffers of the scoundrels hyping the bogus "Roswell Slides" in Mexico City. Jaime Maussan, promoter of the event, is notorious for his promotion of bogus photos and videos of UFOs, alien creatures, and other absurdities, such as a photo of a flying horse. The website for the Mexican UFO research group Alcione.org (in Spanish) lists "more than 40 frauds" that Maussan has promoted. However, being curious to see what was happening, I followed the event on Twitter, #RoswellSlides. It occurred to me that the best way to describe the event would be to simply share some of the comments being made by those watching it.
|One of the slides, from Twitter. Probably the sign reads something like,
"Dead alien from Zeta Reticuli. |
Don't tell anyone about this! It's Top Secret!"
@SpatzieLover posted many good comments and photos describing the show. Former Apollo astronaut Edgar Mitchell, a promised speaker, was a no-show. He appeared via video link, saying that his age of 84 made it difficult to travel.
- Former Astronaut Edgar Mitchell saying we don't know what beings or plants are in the universe
- Our planet is just one grain of sand on a huge beach
- Edgar seeing the images says "They're certainly not human - looks like what the little greys look like" [as if he would know for certain what little grays look like]
She also had a good summary of what the ninety-year old military veteran Eleazar N. Benavides said (referred to as "Pfc. Benjamin" in Schmitt and Carey's book Witness to Roswell, incorrectly described by slides owner Adam Dew as a Lieutenant), who supposedly saw a real alien at Roswell in 1947:
- "They didn't resemble none of us...they appear quite strange" Details of #ETs from vet. Short & hairless.
- Discussing arms/elbows/face being unusual. He tried not to look hard, concerned for future
- Confirms this is what he saw in 1947. Says photo looks like after #ET deceased for a while
- One's he saw were plumper, "a little more body" had more fat/tissue than this deceased one [as if we didn't know that a recent corpse would be plumper than a dessicated body whose head fell off]
- "Events" like this are likely on top of the list of reasons why there is no open contact by any intelligent alien species
|Paul Kimball (@paulkimballfilm) posted this photo of slides promoters Donald Schmitt and Tom Carey, with the |
comment, "Two con men hard at work simply repeating the same tall tales they have been telling for decades."
|@DanPHodges posted this photo, with the comment|
"Dolan not doing his credability any good by sharing a stage with known liars."
- Maybe I've just been doing this a long time, I feel safe in saying these are some of the worst real alien photos I've seen
- #roswellslides A photo of a child mummy, an #epicfail NOT a smoking gun. Shame on ufologists that was on THIS.
- i feel so sorry for anybody that payed good money to see #Roswellslides can't believe @RichDolan was a part of this joke.
The celebrated Nick Pope, @nickpopemod, tried to emphasise the humor of the situation:
- Underwhelmed by #roswellslides - having seen dead aliens when I ran the MoD's UFO project, I can tell you that's not what they look like :-)
- As the most junior member of Majestic 12 I always get the jobs that none of my fellow conspirators want, like debunking the #roswellslides
Comparing the Roswell Slides to the supposed alien humanoid body in Steven Greer's much-hyped movie Sirius, @cultofwedgeuk wrote:
- Really not sold with the #RoswellSlides thing. Couldnt help but be reminded of this 'Alien' http://www.medicaldaily.com/atacama-humanoid-human-researchers-say-245416 …
Referring to a notorious purveyor of hoax UFO videos on YouTube, Puxley, @Holographic_Me, wrote:
- I've seen better on thirdphase...#RoswellSlides
- #Roswellslides look like Mexican Taxidermy
|@DanPHodges also posted this photo, with the comment, "Some dickhead with a beret
talking rubbish." |
This is J.J. Hurtak, who has nothing whatsoever to do with the Roswell Slides, but spoke anyway.
|@SpatzieLover: "Last slide shown at event was the second slide."|
Summarizing the event on Facebook, Shepherd Johnson wrote, "From what I've gathered on social media, Astronaut Mitchell was a no show, Hellyer took astronaut's place, Dolan was there but didn't speak, auditorium at 40% capacity, mostly CGI renderings of aliens, might have missed it but it looked like only one slide, glitches in the online streaming, people on twitter mostly mocking the event."